Pages

Thursday, February 23, 2012

fighting words

Speak Spanish? There's a new narrative non-fiction radio show called Radio Ambulante in the works. Keep up with them at their blog.

#########

I was coming home from the Coop with a walker. As we rumbled down a Park Slope street, I was talking about having to hit up the post office and library later in the day. He made a sound and, unprompted, commented on how "obsolete" both of those institutions are. Hey guy,  I'm sorry no one wants to write you a letter and that books are too heavy and long, but I am sure you have many other exciting qualities that I can't see from my time machine. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaanyway, all of this is to say check out this cool episode of 99% Invisible about how stamp images get chosen.

#########

Today I am going to try Other People with Brad Listi. The tag line is "In-depth, inappropriate interviews with authors" and I want to hear those exact things in conversations with Cheryl Strayed, Ben Marcus, Tayari Jones, Vanessa Veselka and Roxane Gay.

#########


No comments: