Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

book 11: Already Dead by Denis Johnson

I bought this book in California. If that circumstance is possible for you, make it happen. Already Dead is set on the Northern CA coast where the forest meets the sea. It is a magical place, for reals, and being there when I began this book made the book even more absorbing.

Since I have already repeatedly said how much I liked this book, I will finish the review as a tone poem:

errrr iii, errr.
pft pft pft pft. boink. bonk.
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZoooshhhhhhhhhh, ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZoooooooooshhhhhhhh.
pop pop pop
errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
wzz wzz wzz
uhhhhhhh
ahhhhhhhhh

Read it. Are his other books this good?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't read Already Dead, but I thought Jesus' Son was really, really good. Give it a try. It's a collection of stories, and you don't have to be in Northern California to enjoy it.

Carrie said...

Jesus' Son is on the list, especially since I've been on a short story tear.

I'm kind of looking for novels right now though, so I may head towards one of his before I get ot Jesus' Son.

Thanks for the reccomendation!!