Pages

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Last night brave friends weathered the winter mix all the way to my house for a bookswap, an event which maybe goes better by book potluck as there is no actual swapping. For the first time in its two-year run we actually talked about books while eating chili, drinking wine and sampling delicious desserts brought from Brooklyn.

Topics touched on:

-Who has the most beautiful thighs of the zodiac?
-Interpretive dance book and record reviews. (Come on Bryan, we could have a variety show!)
-Who wants a copy of Peter Pan? (No one, that’s who).
-Why Aaron Cometbus should stick to nonfiction.
-New jobs. Congrats moonlight and millwhistle.
-Where is B?
-Jim Thompson and Stacey Keach. Subtopic: Stacey Keach’s harelip.
-Sad comics, hating Jews.
-Writing, writing, writing.
-Our nice framed prints are by Katie Muth. She is nice in person.
-Wrestling for recipes.
-I know you but you don’t know me.

I snagged some awesome titles:
Longitude by Dava Sobel
Crash by J.G. Ballard
Edison & The Electric Chair by Mark Essig
Black Swan Green by David Mitchell
The Known World by Edward P. Jones
And for its important contribution to science: Sun-Sign Revelations by Maria Elise Crummere, Book Club Edition

I have two stacks left over that I will either freecycle or donate to Housing Works.

Thanks to everyone for coming, being fun and making my book swap dream finally come true.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn, I can't believe the all-knowing astrology book called me an ego-maniac. A narcissist, maybe, but definiely not an egomaniac. And, I think my thighs are pretty damn sexy.

Carrie said...

I think you are just having problems getting the science through your "large crainum."

And anyway, I am the narcissist, never mind my "extremely long and bony" feet, just worship me.