Pages

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Small Press Book Fair--- UNFAIR

This weekend I got a call from a friend that just had a kickass book published. She was flyering the Small Press Book Fair on 44th St. and asked if I wanted to stop by. Because I am so so slow, I missed her, but I did get to check out the mysterious and cool The General Society of Mechanics and Tradesmen building. So many rooms and shelves- it's the kind of place I live in my dreams.

Anyway, Soft Skull Press was nowhere to be found which made me cry like an old man (the saddest crying of all) since I was looking forward to buying a few of their recent titles at cheap bookfair prices. Instead I ended up with:
Native Tongue by Suzette Haden Elgin by The Feminist Press
alphabet city by Michael De Feo + bonus book, Too Fat to Fly by Yuko Kundo by Ginko Press
one copy of quantify #6, a personal zine

Yes, I know you're all tearing up a little now for the money that was burning a hole in my pocket. It's okay, feelings make us human.

I did get to meet Ayun Hayden of East Village Inky fame and briefly rap with her about lice. That was very fun, even if then one of her compatriots accused my boyfriend of stealing a button.

But, where were the comic books?????

No comments: