Pages

Saturday, December 24, 2005

Presents to Myself

Yesterday I went to the Strand, love, and got myself two comics at a nice discount.
I'll be enjoying them, while avoiding my other obligations.

Queen of the Black Black by Megan Kelso by Highwater Books
Megan Kelso also put together the excellent anthology Scheherazade: Comics About Love, Treachery, Mothers, and Monsters, and her contribution to the book, The Pickle Fork, is heartbreaking. Despite the controversy, it is still worth finding and buying. Her intro is awesome and I'm sorry that such a book had to cause so much trouble for her.

Magic Boy & the Robot Elf by James Kochalka by Top Shelf Productions
This is apparently his first graphic novel. I am currently in love with his SUPERFUCKERS single issues. Hooray for cursing!

No comments: