Pages

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Excitement! My favorite short story comic anthology, Papercutter, has a new issue out. Number 9 includes work by Aron Nels Steinke, Elijah Brubaker, Hellen Jo and additonal art, as usual by by Nate Beaty. I am excited to see Hellen Jo's story and looking forward to seeing some non-autobio from Steinke. I love his art, but his storytelling (at least in Big Plans) is uninteresting at best. Look for a review of this by me sometime soon.
^^^^

"A World Digital Library?"

"Why yes, my masked friend, one does exist."







Check out the list of contributors. The selection isn't too great right now, but it will grow, according to the FAQ.
^^^^

A lecture on mirrors in horror film by a small press writer--what more could you ask for?

2 comments:

LOOKA said...

Yes! New Papercutter! I'm real glad you like Hellen Jo! You know, I didn't even know she was in this - thanks. Did you read her solo book yet? I HAVE to get that.

I enjoy the Oni Mask - maybe a bit too much. Seems like the Monster drawing had some lasting effesct on me...

Amanda said...

I don't even need to know what the lecturer has to say...mirrors + horror movies = creeeeepy! No debate, haha