Pages

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Adam Roberts writes an in-depth review of the exciting-sounding The Black Mirror and Other Stories: An Anthology of Science Fiction from Germany & Austria that manages to be personal, informative and funny all at once, over at Strange Horizons.

^^^^^^^


Research, research, research-- that's what I am up to my ears in these days. While I group around for a thesis statement for two papers, the onions burn and the to-read pile towers dangerously over my bed. I am going to avoid even discussing the to-review pile.

Why don't you peruse my 2009 reading list and tell me what you'd like me to review next. Lurkers revealed will take precedence. Now is the time to unveil!


^^^^^^^


Today I am going to write the first letter to my grandmother addressed to her nursing home. I have very little to say to her, but I will try to make this missive as sunny as I can muster without gagging. If I had some pictures of myself to send I would, but film... well, you know.

By all accounts she is not adjusting well to the change. Unsurprising, but the fact that she has Alzheimer's makes each day a new experience of waking up in an unfamiliar place. Hopefully she will enjoy my letter each time.

5 comments:

kenan said...

i vote for my alaskan summer or woodsman pete. short. easy. pictures!

Carrie said...

Actually, Woodsman Pete is next...

andm hi, Kenan!

LOOKA said...

Hmmm, new things...?

How about the ANYA DAVIDSON books from Picturebox? There is a new one out... I'd love to hear about that!

www.pictureboxinc.com/product/id/497/

Carrie said...

Simon, I meant books that I've already read. Check out my sidebar!

LOOKA said...

Uuhhh... OK, ok...

How about JANS ATOMIC HEART then?

Or/and: St. Lucy's School for Girls Raised by Wolves by Karen Russell

Also: AUSTRIAN SCIENCE FICTION? I am growing some tender respect for this dump of a country I'm living in - THANKS!