This year's MoCCA was much more fun than last year. Here are some things that I noticed:
1) business cards everywhere
2) prints--so many more than last year
3) ft. thunder-influenced neon color jams everywhere. too bad...
4) the babies of mocca should be a calendar. 2008/2009 must have been sexy years for cartoonists.
5) CCS has become a formidable presence and I love it. their tables dwarfed even the large publishers.
6) the reading area was bullshit. guess the high table price backfired. some seats would have been nice for actual relaxing.
7) comic newspapers abounded. this is an exciting development. if you didn't pick up at least one you are a confirmed idiot.
Things I wished I had done:
1) see what the school kids were up to. the risd, sva, etc. tables were jumping.
2) gotten a copy of pood.
3) not gone inside the village pourhouse. i couldn't get the smell of cheese-stuffed desperation out of my nose for hours--and i didn't even make it down to the party!
4) gone to limerick earlier
5) checked out more of the Scanda contingent
6) eaten fewer eggs
Some pictures from Day 2:
Why didn't I take a picture of you? Probably because your comics sicken me. Or I ran out of memory. You decide!
*that's what the name tag says, folks.