Monday, April 23, 2007
Saturday night a helmet saved my life. If B had not been wearing a helmet when he had a bike accident only a few blocks from our apartment, I would have likely expired from grief.
In the ambulance, my honey did not know how old he is. He did not know what landed him strapped to a gurney. He did not remember calling me to tell me he "fell off" his bike. Then shock set in and I couldn't warm him up.
The emergency room smelled like rotten fish and barf. Not the best way to spend a Saturday night.
B left the hospital with busted face and hands, and some (possibly) fractured ribs. Two days later he is back to his sharp self but in a lot of pain.
ALWAYS wear your helmet folks. No excuses.