Pages

Monday, October 23, 2006

from me to you, and then the world

In my other life, I am a Senior Web Editor at Topic Magazine. I am also the Photo Blog Editor and I am looking for some new work. Please check the below out and send around to interested, interesting folks who like to take pictures. When they pitch to me, I will be extra nice, I promise.

Thanks!
************************

What’s your story?

Topic Magazine has always focused on contemporary photography and non-fiction first person narrative, and Topic on the web (topicmag.com) is doing the same, point’n’clicky-style.

Here’s where you come in.

Right now, we are lining up contributors for our Photo Blog department. We aren't looking for professional (or even very accomplished) photographers. Instead we're looking for people who have a digital camera and an interest in capturing their life with utmost honesty. As always, we look for contributors whose lives intersect with our chosen topics in interesting and unexpected ways.

Here are the topics we’ve covered so far:
Topic 1: War *
Topic 2: Fantasy*
Topic 3: Cities
Topic 4: Fads
Topic 5: Prison*
Topic 6: Food
Topic 7: Family
Topic 8: Sin
Topic 9: Music
And our upcoming Topic 10: Games
* we are especially interested in these topics for photo blogs.

Feel free to interpret our topics however you want to-- there are no strict content guidelines and we can work together to come up with some great ideas.

Chances are, we'd agree to a short period of time (one week, maybe two) in which you'd be expected to send regular emails that consisted of photos and captions. Also, while we have no budget for compensating our contributors, we would certainly run a bio, byline and links to any of your other work.

Please email me with pitches and/ or questions. I look forward to hearing from you!

Carrie Jones
Senior Web Editor
Carrie.jones@topicmag.com
www.topicmag.com

Feel free to forward…

No comments: