Pages

Thursday, March 07, 2013

"florists on the edge"

Nothing here is the thing I want.

I've been reading some back issues of Cactus and Succulent Journal that I picked up for a friend and never gave her. Succulent enthusiasts have a lot of drive. I've not been reading the comics and books I stocked up on to get through this long winter. I got to use some of my newfound cactus knowledge in an article I am writing for my day job, so there's that.

I am working on a series of collages for a zine about my friend Sally. Will it be done in time for _______? Will it ever be done? This is what I think about when I think about grieving or projects. It will certainly include a page of flowers. She loved flowers and I love flowers and flowers, flowers, flowers. I thought of this treatment while considering why I was so drawn to the Cactus and Succulent Journal, so there's that.

I've been listening to a ton of genre story podcasts. They get me through days working at home or puttering nights. Maybe not on the page, but I like ghost manifestations, fairy machinations, hodgepodge time and place, and such right in my ear. When I do venture out of my lair I read HAV by Jan Morris, which fits into my desire for wispy realities, so there's that.




No comments: