Pages

Sunday, August 07, 2011

This is the plan

Today I survived the eighth anniversary of my brother's death by taking the subway, going to a precode Hollywood double feature with B & C and eating Italian food with friends. I survived the day before the eighth anniversary of my brother's death by eating red sauce with M & B, watching a Robert Blake cop movie, buying herbs and going to bed late. I will survive the day after the eighth anniversary of my brother's death by watering my plants, reading The Beetle Leg, thinking about the future and writing letters.

August is hard. There is always another August around the corner.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Sending you a hug, chicky!

Sarah said...

August is hard...I survived the anniversary of my father's death (30 years ago) with wine, chocolate and honest tears.

Thanks for sharing.