Pages

Monday, December 06, 2010

2010 Brooklyn Comics and Graphics Fest

I've missed every con this year except MoCCA. This, the Brooklyn Comics and Graphics Fest, is the other local show that I'm interested in and has happened to be on B's birthday weekend both years it has existed. Why do comics want to ruin my romantic life?



The gym of Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Church in Williamsburg was packed and sweaty with the unfortunate haired and bespectacled. A little different crowd than usual, but seemingly very into what was at the fest. I wasn't able to check out any of the panels

I got there around 4:45 and by 5:30 several tables had sold out of stuff, which I guess is a good sign for them. I was there to get minis and prints, and I did much better on the mini side. Though there were a few prints I was interested in, so many of the tables were laden with this neon-impaired-child-melting-heads shit that I am just not into.

Here's my haul:


I got to see a ton of people that made me smile; most are not pictured here:
Mika Oshima, author of Dense Valley, as seen above


Travis Robertson & Joel Speasmaker


This seemed to be a Pepsi church, and I am really more of a Coke gal...


Finally Robin and I met in person. Did you hear the fireworks? The guy on the left was sassy, and is named Zack Soto.


Three people converse intensely about comics. Or something.


The green glow apparent in many of these photos was not created as an artistic nod to nausea or the rotting corpse of arty comics, but was in fact the color of the light in the exhibition room. Very flattering!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Nice haul!

Kelly said...

(This is Anzac Monster, btw. Guess I lied about not having a blog but it's pretty dead!)

LOOKA said...

So cool! Told you I would have loved hanging out. Why do they always make these things so far away again?

& you got the Guilded Lilies book and other good stuff, sweet.

Anonymous said...

everyone looks in need of a good snuggle. except for one guy: happy birthday, Burrullo!
xoxo,
shaymo