Pages

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Dumb and Dumbo

Is your Google stuff, i.e. Gmail and Blogger, not working properly? What is up? The superbrains better not drop the ball now-- it's deadline time!

Are you DumboBooks at yahoo? If so, the listing you sent me was interesting, but what do you want from me?
***

I have so much to write about. Right away, let me tell you that Girl Stories was excellent.

In other comics news:

Awhile ago I read a beautiful book by called Christina and Charles by Austin English. English apparently works at my local Forbidden Planet. I am amazed at how deeply he managed to get into his characters' brains and give us a taste of what it is like to be them-- not just the usual "I went to highschool too!" claptrap.

Yesterday I went to Rocketship and almost cried, but I also bought three icecreamlandia comics and that made me feel much better. I feel like perhaps the images are from found photos, but I am sure the words are from a genius.

More comics!

3 comments:

Tammy said...

You know what's crazy? Freakin' AMAZON is down right now. This is probably costing them a bazillion dollars a minute. I bet some poor sucker gets fired over this.

Carrie said...

I hope so.

Also, nice pimping of the Oasis library thing.

AustinEnglish said...

Hey-
Glad you liked Christina and Charles! I will have a new book out soon (December??)...here are some drawings for it:
windycornermag-austin.blogspot.com
Thanks for reading!
-Austin