Pages

Thursday, June 03, 2010

I've been here the whole time

I am awaiting a desk. A beautiful desk, already owned by my family, is as impatient as I to meet, I imagine, but logistics get in the way. In the meantime I am butt-on-the-floor, contorted, not writing.



The rapidly swelling sidebar shows what I have been doing--well, the part that doesn't involve a love affair with my new video store. The Jansson and Tillman books I'm in or just out of are summery and run in shallow and deep currents, as appropriate to my recent moods. Even the Kathryn Davis book I abandoned in its last chapter a few months ago had a seasonal feel.

Despite what should be inspiration, my resolve to write is as weak as a melted water ice.

Is anyone else twisting in the summer breeze?

4 comments:

l. nichols said...

I have been hard-pressed to get anything done lately due to full on summer fever combined with bike/longboard desires. As a result, I am tanned, happy, and really not wanting to do any work, regardless of how much I enjoy said work.

I managed to bike to 60th and 2nd ave (in Bklyn down to Sunset Park and beyond). Have been longboarding a lot. It's simple and nice and I feel so happy. Now if only my comics could draw themselves...

Sara said...

I don't want to do anything but ride my bicycle, party and eat frozen treats!

Sarah said...

I have papers to grade, lectures to write, freelance deadlines to meet, a house to clean but instead am dreaming of self-publishing a book of tiny stories and strange photographs...dreaming dreaming...

LOOKA said...

The first really hot day here was like melting the timestream: I felt like every move I made required massive amounts of energy and everything took at least as double as long as usual. SUMMER!