Thanks to Doppelganger's unluckiness, I now will attempt to put some books in listy-lists for you all. (I knew her shout out was a butter-up for something...)
Here we go:
1) Name five of your favourite books.
(See, even from the get-go thse nefarious Canadians must slip in those extra Us)
I'm not quite sure how to answer this. My favorites change so often, but there have been some books that changed me, or sustained me, or were such a part of one time in my life I can't forget them.
1. Neuromancer by William Gibson
2. Wind-Up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami
3. Weetzie Bat by Francseca Lia Block
4. Maus by Art Speigleman
5. Confessions f a Crap Artist by Philip K. Dick
Wow, I am a nerd.
2) What was the last book you bought?
The last book I bought was Nightwood by Djuana Barnes. 50 cents at a library sale.
3) What was the last book you read?
The last book I finished was Already Dead by Denis Johnson. I promise some kind of review soon...
4) List five books that have been particularly meaningful to you (in no particular order).
Besides the ones listed above, here are a few more.
1. How to Cook A Wolf by MFK Fisher
2. The Mixed Up Files of Basil E. Frankwieler (or whatever it is)
3. Cryptonomicon by Neal Stephenson
4. The Lottery by Shirley Jackson
5. 100 Demons by Lynda Barry
But there are so many!
5) Name three books you've been dying to read but just haven't gotten around to it?
1. Native Tongue
2. No Logo
3. The Year of Magical Thinking- I am so broke!
6) Tag five people and have them fill this quiz out on their own.
Re, Shay-rah, Gwen, Anita, Maryann
Don't feel bad if you don't do it. Just remember that you OWE ME BIG TIME!